In 1909, Joseph Harlan Frame graduated from the Starling-Ohio Medical College in Columbus, Ohio. This school later became a part of Ohio State University. He began his practice in Muskingum County and later purchased the practice of Dr. Orebaugh in Highland, Ohio in 1912.
Following many years of family practice medicine in this community, Dr. Frame moved his family to Wilmington in 1941 where the area's only privately owned hospital was built by Dr. Kelley Hale. The community was eager to construct a county hospital and Dr. Frame wanted to be a part of this effort. During this same year, Dr. Frame's son-in-law, Dr. H. Richard Bath, graduated from the University of Louisville School of Medicine . The two joined together in their practices and in 1951 saw the completion of Clinton Memorial Hospital. Dr. Frame delivered the first baby born in the hospital. Dr. Bath was the first chief of staff there and repeated this position in 1964-65 and 1979-1980.
For years the two practiced medicine together on Main Street in the offices adjoining Dr. Bath's residence. Following Dr. Frame's death in 1959, Dr. Bath continued his family practice until he was joined by his son, Dr. Edwin Bath in 1969. Dr. Edwin Bath graduated from the University of Louisville Medical School and completed his Family Practice Internship in Columbus, Georgia followed by two years active duty in the US Navy. In 1978, Dr. Richard Bath's son-in-law, Dr. John Hollon who had completed his medical studies at the Ohio State University and Internal Medicine Residency at Riverside Methodist Hospital, returned to Wilmington to join their group. In order to accommodate the three physicians, they built new offices next door at 222 West Main Street and named the practice Main Medical. Dr. Richard Bath retired in 1988 and Dr. Edwin Bath retired in 2014.
Currently, medical providers include Dr. John Hollon, Nurse Practitioners Melanie Johnson. and Dee Deck. We see our own patients who are admitted to Clinton Memorial Hospital.